Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Day Video- "Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. ~Author Unknown "

As Father's Day approaches and I reflect on my own journey as a Dad and Father I came across this video and was so moved by it that I had to share it here with my FB friends and family.
The past few years have brought many changes into my life with last year being a time of great change and even upheaval at times, my wife lost her wonderful Mom, my strong Dad suffered a life changing stroke (BUT not "life ending" as he is still fighting back and walking, talking and living, thank God!) and life has been up and down....

In the midst of all this my own son (of whom I am so very proud of) started a blog that captures some memories of the many, many fly fishing trips we took together and his "take" on those moments as well. This video captures the essence of my discovery just as much....

Life is what you make it and I am honored to be a Dad and to have had such a noble and strong Father like mine and a son that has taught me so many things about myself and life because of who he is and who he has become...

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there!!

http://bit.ly/jR9rm7

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |